Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April could be tough.

Training: Monday’s Masters Swim was frustrating but good. I was just out of sync, it happens...
Tuesday night Genine and I were back at the pool. We stayed focused. 250 warmup. Then an 800 easy, I was trying a bunch of things this whole time trying to establish a rhythm. I was basically swimming 2:00 100’s.
Then we had 3x300. This is where I put in some effort. I’m not sure that I did any better than 1:47 100’s but I felt like I was getting a workout in. I kept trying to work on my technique figuring I’d see a significant time drop if I actually got some rotation happening or something but I have nothing amazing to report. I’m still the barge…

Ran with Todd this morning. 6.7 miles, 56 minutes. There were a couple breaks and walks in there. Our 3rd hill loop it looked like we stayed under 8 min/mile the entire time which seemed pretty solid to me because I was definitely feeling the hill this morning, guess that makes it a good workout!

Okay so here is why April could get tough:

The company I work for, C5 is currently building a new location. It should be done by the end of April. Sure there have been many details which have taken time and effort the last few months. Basically strategizing how to make the move happen smoothly has been at the back of my mind since January. Currently the biggest frustration has been setting up phone lines and internet. They keep telling me that the service will be there for us, but honestly, I’m concerned. I think I’ve done what I can.
The real fun will begin when we finally get to move the systems to the new space. It would be one thing if we were going to just move the systems but it’s more than that. Very few of the cables are going to be long enough to work in the new place. So it’s now a re-wire as well. Just an extra layer of complexity but it should go well.
Even tho’ it’s going to be a bunch of work, I’m looking forward to it. This new space should be a nice upgrade in working conditions. (Think cubical to shared office upgrade).
Hopefully if I get into long hours it won’t be for weeks on end. It should be manageable but I know nothing goes exactly as planned. Work will have to come first for a few weeks that’s all. Once we are in, we should be able to get back to normal rather quickly.

Lastly:
For those that knew him, today would have been Dan Dare’s 41st birthday. The April Fool. Ha ha! 41! Dang that sounds old. I think it feels older than it should because I still picture him in his 20’s. Well I can’t do card tricks like he could and I don’t think I can get the gang together to have a laser tag battle, a game of Axis & Allies or D&D like the old days either. What I can do is finish up my note for my facebook page and get my part of the leukemia fundraiser going.
Then on the way home tonight, I should pick up a 6 pack of Yuengling Black & Tan. That was his favorite. I’ll make sure to save enough calories in the diet for that today. ;-)
I suppose if I really wanted to be funny I could have a couple right before yoga!

3 comments:

GC said...

I think if we brought the black&tan to yoga tonight, Tiffany would join us in raising our glasses to toast him.

Happy Birthday, Dan! Cheers!!

CSquared said...

Yuengling Black & Tan, for who's benefit did you link this. A self respecting beer drinker would already know what this looks like & tastes like.

Salute! to Dan. Guys with beards are timeless. I think he would the same.

I might have to pick up some myself. Maybe I will use calories from tomorrow, today!

catmarlson said...

"Yuengling Black & Tan, for who's benefit did you link this."

Ha ha. Well it's just that Yuengling is still a regional beer. And with the 1000's of readers from all over the world, I figured I'd throw that in there.... Okay, we have maybe a dozen readers and I just got link happy when I scanned the post.

I made a mistake at with the beer order last night. I got a case instead of a 6 pack. :-)