Thursday, December 20, 2007

Giving Season

One thought before Christmas and since it is the giving season, we had discussed doing the Mooseman not only for our own self satisfaction but as a money maker for a charitable donation. I think we have a fairly unique story about this journey. I think our friends and families would be honored to sponsor us in such an endeavor especially if we have a good charity to help.

I guess I will ask two questions:

Do we have an interest (I volunteer to organize)?

Secondly, who or whom may we want to do it for?

If you have strong feelings, let me know. I think we should get moving on our homework in January to give us and other time to think about supporting us.

Here were two links Matt wrote about the idea back in January. Gives you a little history about the idea.
http://mooseman08.blogspot.com/2007/01/20-years.html
http://mooseman08.blogspot.com/2007/01/from-team-in-training-contract.html

Matt has a point in the blog about donating directly to a Dr. If he doesn't have a tax ID as a charitable donation it may be tough to get companies to donate, but I like the money going more directly to a cause we believe in.

Please let your thoughts flow free.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I plan on doing some work on this over the holiday. I'm probably going to build a website or a blog to list all the necessary information.
We will probably just have people write checks directly to the organization. So unless the Doctor is able to keep track of the contributions we may never know the dollar figure we raise. Something is certainly better than nothing.

I may have a couple events in NYC to raise money as well. I have people who seemed willing to help me organize a "Party" in which $ for drinks will make money.

I'm also considering a poker tourney.

These events might not make a ton of money but it will draw awareness to the main website and hopefully people will talk about the event and the website to friends and it will roll from there.

Hopefully all this can happen without having to commit a ton of time to making it happen.

Any ideas/suggestions will be great. I'll post website/blog stuff as I build it. I'll need feeback before it goes public.