Saturday, December 22, 2007

PSU Tri Club

I was looking at ways to amp up my training next semester so I could do better in the Mooseman, and thought my best bests were to join the Master's swim and the PSU Triathlon Club. I was hesitant to join last semester because I didn't have any extra time, so I wasn't sure what I could get out of it. But I looked again today, and I discovered that the coach of the club is Paul Fritzsche. He's pretty good. Here's his website: http://www.trimybest.com/ He normally does the MedExpress Mountaineer too, Craig.

He's a professional triathlete, and a Penn State grad, so I am thinking it would be cool to have access to such a knowledgeable guy for a mere $20 fee of joining the club. Maybe I could go on some rides or runs too, though looking at the pictures of all the kids, I fear I will be left in the dust. Then again, maybe they will push me. I think I have to at least go to the meetings next semester and maybe do a tri or two with them. They take the whole group to things. It would be cool to expand our knowledge acquisition activities so we might benefit further.

I am beat today. Did the weightlifting, running, biking triathlon of my own design. It kicked my butt.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

He looks pretty tough. I must have seen him. Looks like he is a strong runner.

Sounds like a good deal. I should also join the local tri-club. They look like they have excellent meetings.