Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tri Xmas

The coolest new toy is the Polar Power meter for the bike. Works with my current watch, bought used on eBay.
Along the same line I got a couple Spinervals Videos. Between these two things I hope I will become motivated to sit on the bike in the basement staring at my watch or TV while spinning away. I have #1 No Slackers Allowed and #3 Suffer o Rama. Sounds like fun right?
I also upgraded from my AquaSphere mask to some normal speedo goggles.
I wore these goggles to Friday's swim class. I took the mask along in case the goggles didn't work out. There were no troubles, hardly noticed the difference to be honest.
My Lycra/spandex "superman" Speedo Jammers were starting to wear out (I'll spare you the details). Chlorine was too much for it I guess. So this time I decided to buy something I hope will last longer, although I don't think it's as slippery a suit. Endurance Jammers. These are polyester and feel rougher but this won't be a race suit anyhow.
I'm also guessing I got about 3 pounds of unwanted weight but those shouldn't stick around too long.... I hope.

2 comments:

SJV said...

Matt, I asked you to stop putting old pictures of me on the web! How many times do I have to say it? Just because I ate two bags of Doritos and cheese dip doesn't mean you can humiliate me with my old slightly overweight self. I have worked hard to get into this shape and I don't want to be reminded of what I used to look like.

Casey said...

Whoa! The guy in that picture is one fat bastard!