Thursday, October 4, 2007

What a difference 8 months makes

October 3 2007
Decided to "race" my workout last night. I needed to find my 5K race pace for other portions of my Half Marathon training schedule.
I hit the 5K mark at 26:25 (If my watch/footpod is to believed). About an 8:30 min/mile pace overall. Average HR 177. I definitely had lost my breathing towards the end of the run. I wasn't able to go much further at that pace.

5:35 minutes faster than I was back in February. That was on a flat treadmill in Feb. This was at the Park which is not flat.

Old Post:
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Wahoo! 5K at 6mph 10:00 min/mile
I did it! I ran 32 minutes at 6mph. My polar watch died on me during the cool down so I don't know what my average HR was. I do know it started in the 172bpm range early on and got to 185 at the end of the run.
Obviously, with those heart rates 6mph is near the top of my range. I'm going to need to work those numbers down. Intervals and hills I suppose.

1 comment:

Jim said...

That's great! By June you should be able to run 21:42 if you keep dropping at the same rate.

Way to go!!