Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tick Attack!

Yes, I had myself a parasitic arachnid for a friend today. I discovered it as I was preparing to take a shower, and I felt an itch in my belly button. I felt an odd lump of belly button lint that wasn't like my normal belly button lint, and looked in there and was surprised to see a pretty big bug sticking out of my chubby gut. I didn't have much luck pulling it out, so I called a doctor and went later in the day and had it removed. It feels kind of weird to know there is some foreign creature making a living off your blood. But it's gone now, so hopefully I can remain free of such things for the winter. Unfortunately, I had to take a megadose of antibiotics to prevent Lyme disease (hopefully), so I am not feeling too well right now. Side effects of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other good stuff. I only have the first, so far (thanks for asking!). I don't think I'm gonna run tonight. I was hoping too. Maybe it will pass and I'll go do a half hour. Doesn't seem likely. I have a presentation due tomorrow. Plus the Halloween Parade tonight put a damper on the free time. And because of this class, I am going to miss trick-or-treating tomorrow! My favorite holiday. It truly does seem like it's always something.

All this and Matt is putting me to shame. You're a running fool! I look forward to a day when I can run 10 miles at any speed.

3 comments:

catmarlson said...

I've had ticks on me but they've never bitten me yet.

Work has purchased a number of flat screen monitors to replace the last of our 20" CRT's. Which is great, the LCD monitors are super light.
Unfortunately, you have to move the big monitor as well. First one I moved yesterday I tweaked my mid-back. It wasn't awful, I made it to the pool last night. I can still feel it this morning tho'. Trying to decide if I just give it 3 days or get to the chiropractor right away.
My $7000 boiler is being installed as I write this. I think I'm going to wait 3 days. $$$

CSquared said...

FHP is the Heat Pump company I am buying. They have a Water to Water Geo Heat Pump. It is listed as a Water to Water Reverse Chiller. It will take you ground loop fluid and transfer that heat to the water in your pipes from 50 degress (loop) to a 125 degrees and still meet Energy Saver ratings.

You can also chill water in the summer. Not sure how this functions as an effective cool down system, but it effiecently takes 80 degree water down to 40 degrees. I know, a little too much useless info too late.

It essentially works like an electric boiler.

catmarlson said...

If we had a forced air system I would have looked at alternatives. With radiant heat I'm not sure the expense would be worth it.
I think my money should be spent on insulation and new windows. That would be a big 1st step.

Although if I were going to have to dig again. Maybe I could change how I built my drainage system in my yard. Who knew 4" pipes wouldn't be big enough!
That was a tough project. The bobcat with the trencher was fun tho!