Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Races 2008

Matt listed his wish list of races. I was wondering if we could get a spreadsheet started or I guess maybe I can get a spread sheet started that shows what races people are doing.

My list includes:
  1. Run to Read half marathon, Fairmont, WV Jan. 5
  2. Lock's to Docks Run 5k, Rices Landing, PA May
  3. Unknown Duathlon, I want to do one as warm up for Mooseman in April\May time.
  4. Mooseman International Triathlon, Bristol, NH Jun.
  5. Mountaineer international Triathlon, Morgantown, WV Late Jun.
  6. Rainday 5k, Waynesburg, PA July 29ish
  7. Kinzua Tango (relay team, I have thought through the reality of doing the whole thing, my mind may change in a emotional frenzy and stupidly decide to do the whole thing) August
  8. Splash, Sprint, Spin Sprint Tri, Morgantown, WV August
  9. Hero's Run 5.5km or possibly 10k (10k may be in the works), Fredericktown, PA September.
  10. Waynesburg Homecoming 5K, Waynesburg, PA October (2005 35-39 champion, 2006 35-39 Runner up, 2007 35-39 Runner up despite my Potty Break. I have also received 4 short sleeve T-shirts, 1 Long sleeve T, 1 sweatshirt, and a nice Nalgene Water Bottle as my spoils in three years, not including my moms killing this year)

Wow that is a lot of races.

4 comments:

SJV said...

Sheesh. You guys are monsters. I guess I need to look at what's out there. I only have the Mooseman and the Tango on my list. Like Craig, I would like to add a duathlon or early Tri before the Mooseman, but I don't have many others in mind. I don't even know what I would do. Maybe an Xterra type race would be more my speed. Blood, obstacles, strategic thinking...that's more my speed. I might need a partner.

catmarlson said...

10 Races, talk about making sure you keep motivated and focused!

I'm definitely interested in the Morgantown International distance. I have a feeling that is going to a be a distance I seek out as I'm hoping that will match my current level of fitness.

Tango: Full tango still sounds very painful to me. I'm guessing there would be a long recovery time from that race.
Something I've thought of which others might think is absurd is to run the tango as a Triathlon. My goal would to complete the 1st 3 events. If I came out of the swim feeling like I could run up that hill and into the woods, great. Otherwise, I'd be happy just getting my splits from the first 3 events.
Of course we could also go in search of people to try and field a more competitive relay team.
Craig I hate to tell you but you will have to do the Orienteering in a relay. You were just too good with a map.

Did you guys ever send in your form for Tango Feedback? I never did. If not perhaps we should get a dialog going here and try to put together a wish list and get it to him.

CSquared said...

Ten seems like a lot, but I reviewed this years and I did 7 races. Of course 4 of them were 5K runs. I wanted to try to do the 4 5k races in Greene County to try to win the overall title in 2008. Only one guy did it last year, and I was close to him time wise, so as long as no one else enters, i.e. better than me than, I may have a chance at it.

Matt did three and didn't start racing until August.

I only counted one race for Casey and Shawn (TANGO).

I think I found a duathlon in Bedford PA in April, but I can't find any results, just a calendar showing a contact. That could be an easy hookup for Shawn and I. Closer to him than me, but not bad. It was on April 28 in 2007.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07070/768520-140.stm

catmarlson said...

My thoughts on Solo Tango: I doubt I will be ready to take on the entire event myself. So what will I do if everyone else decides to go solo.
Well I think I'd try to run the first three events as a reverse Triathlon. If after 3 events I think I could keep going I'd just consider everything after the swim to be a bonus.
I know some of you would not agree with not finishing but I think I would be fine with it.