Sunday, March 11, 2007

Road Rate!

It is a beautiful day in New Hampshire so I took the bike out of the garage and took it for a spin. It's a LOT harder work than an excersize bike! Traffic, wind, road debris all play a role. The thing that totally shocked me is that I push myself way harder on the road. Even though I only went 12 miles in 53 minutes I pegged my max heartrate at 225!!! I didn't even know it would go that fast. The average rate was 153 which is typical for my indoor rides. So I really pound the hills and still only average about 13mph. Oh well.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I was talking to Eric about his ride today. We were joking the 225 bpm probably occurred when some dogs started running across a lawn after him!
Honestly, I'd think the 225 is a fluke reading unless it happens every ride.