Sunday, March 11, 2007

A good day

Made it to the pool again today. Swam laps for an hour. Still stopping for a short break after every 50 yds. Early in the hour I went 50 yds in 1:05. At the end of the hour it was more like 1:15-1:20.
I'm not concerned with anything other than building up some endurance at this point. I plan on joining a class in a couple months. I'm hoping that will be inspiring rather than totally intimidating. We will see.

A few hours after swimming I hit the treadmill. I've been wanting to put some longer distances up all week and just couldn't get there mentally, I kept giving up after about 35 minutes. Well I got there today. I did a short 2 min warmup. Then ran 6 miles in 62:20. 5.5mph for the first 20 minutes (I think) then 6mph the rest of the way out.

After I finished I realized I probably should have run 6.25 miles so that it was 10K. Ah well... next time.

No comments: