Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kinzua

Kinzua Tango Stuff. I got to thinking about our abilities. This isn't to show how good we can do, but maybe how people decide what event they might want to do. This chart shows each leg with the distance, then two scenarios which I have listed as "Good" and "Not as Good". The "Good" is based on min/mile pace I believe I could go if I only had to do this one event and I was in good shape or worked on this event. The "Not as Good" pace was established as being 25% slower than the "Good" rate. I believe as a collective group this is our effective range of time.

The best thing to think about is that someone is going to do this all by themselves probably the winner will be not only faster than the "Good" pace, but much faster. You can see your big time losses would be in the half marathon or the swimming if you had someone implode. Of course that orienteering is a wild card.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

I hope to someday be in the (not as good) category. I've got some time to work on it.
This picture reminds me why I chose June 08 to attempt the Mooseman.

CSquared said...

At the rate you are training the "Not so Good" is a category you should get. I'm probably just a little jealous, but I am continuly shocked at amount of time you are putting in. You will see very few of my workouts are over 30 or 40 minutes. Mostly because I don't have the time. Your hour workouts are going to pay dividents.

You improve your form in the pool and get good form on the bike, you'll see the times drop. Running is all about interval training and rest to get faster.