Sunday, March 18, 2007

HR Check up

From Early February: I ran 32 minutes at 6mph. HR started in the 172bpm range early on and got to 185 at the end of the run.

Tonight's Run:
5.5 mph 10 minutes = 154 bpm
6.0 mph 10 minutes = 164 bpm
6.5 mph 7 minutes = 174 bpm
7.0 mph 3 minutes = 180 bpm

Not an identical run for comparison but I feel that it does show improvement.
Without the blog I probably wouldn't be keeping track of this information nearly as well.

Also for the sake of record keeping. I put the HR monitor on when I woke up the other morning to see what my resting HR was. 54 bpm was my resting HR. Lowest it dipped to was 48 bpm.

3 comments:

SJV said...

Looks like it's working wonders.
That's an excellent resting HR, considering you are just a "normal" guy (which is to say not a professional athlete or gung-ho fitness guy). I know Craig's is always around 6 BPM, but you can't compare to him. He eats like a Tibetan rabbit.
Keep it up and you might have to be our half-marathon guy.

CSquared said...

I don't know about 6, but I took it right now for fun and it was 54. Once again genetics.

Matt, your numbers are looking good. I went back and checked a previous post, you were running 4.5 to 6 MPH, now you are listing 5.5 to 7. 7 MP is 8.5 min/mile, I know only for 3 minutes, but you are definately going to get under 30 min for a 5K, I think you already could do it.

catmarlson said...

I hadn't seen your post before my run, but tonight I was hoping to go 10K under 60 minutes. 6mph for 30 then 6.5 to the 10K mark. Unfortunately I guess I've got a strained muscle in my right leg. The 1st 25 minutes was fine but I think I'm going to have to lay off the running for a week and give it a break. (it's nothing major)
The good news I matched that run from February. 5K at 6mph heart rate never went above 172.