Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Update & NYRR 4mile Al Gordon Snowflake Run

This has been such a fun weekend filled with good times with good friends and a few good calorie burns. Can't beat that, right? I'm not feeling very verbose, so I'm letting Matt do all the talking about the 4mile NYRR run today and the fun we had in Brooklyn with Kevin & Lara. But briefly, here are my thoughts from the weekend.

1. Back-to-Back IntenSati workouts make for a strong mind, but sore gluts & hamstrings.
2. I do not miss living in Brooklyn, especially when it snows.
3. As always, Kevin & Lara were gracious hosts. I always feel at home in their home.
4. Kevin is one of the best story tellers I know. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard!
5. How does one allow large amounts of tequila to be poured down their throat without choking? That stuff is nasty!
6. Considering my tight gluts & hamstrings, I am pretty happy with my race today. I finished under my goal time of 40min (36:49) and managed a 9:12pace. I'll take it...for now.
7. Prospect Park is a beautiful place for running.
8. I'm looking forward to getting on a training plan for my run and marking my improvements in distance & speed by running a few more races this spring.
9. Racing today got me excited for the start of tri season!!
10. Can I get over my intense fear of snakes and murky water to sign up for NJ Devilman Half Lite? I really think I want to try that distance. Matt thinks I could PR considering how fast I run when I see snakes! :-)

Here are a few pics/videos from today's race:

Taking the subway to the race.


Snowy Prospect Park.


Matt, Lara and Kevin


Matt & I post race with the snowman at the park entrance. We were loving the mustache!


Happy Runner


Post Race Wrap Up

2 comments:

m said...

I think that is a great pace, especially with the lack of running and all that IntenSati the days before! Great job!

Jim said...

Nice job, I wish I could swim better just by thinking about snakes! Probably make more panic and worse performance.

Good run.