Monday, February 22, 2010

Racing again Sunday

Genine and I are both registered for the NYRR Al Gordon Classic 4 miler in Prospect Park Brooklyn next Sunday. This is a capped race, meaning there won't be 9000 people at this one. I'm sure it will be sold out but it will be raceable as long as I get myself placed into the right corral.
It's a bit early to give the weather forecast much reliability but currently it looks promising.

I seem to remember this park having more hills than the central park run. The only time I've run here was at the end of my first half marathon in 2008. Genine didn't like hearing me say that but I honestly can't remember much about the course. I guess I'll find out next weekend.

It will be a fun weekend. We will be visiting with Kevin and Lara in Bay Ridge on Saturday. I thought Kevin might run it with me but it seems the course is 22.2 miles too short for him. ;-)

No comments: