Thursday, February 25, 2010

4 miler, take 2 / Florida / Fundraiser #3

I went up to the NYRR office to pickup our race numbers and timing bands today. It was a mess out there. It was dropping big wet snowflakes on us non-stop all day long. I witnessed quite a few businessmen wiping out as they were trying to walk down the street. They weren't very happy about it. Guess they need some yaktrax for those fancy shoes.
I'm #42 this Sunday and Genine is #4561. I'm hoping the course is clear and race-able.

The Florida trip triathlon isn't going to happen. The bike rental was going to be $140 and it's just too far away to be considered convenient. I found a Plan B. I'll be running a 5k or 15k trail run instead, weather permitting.

I also sent in the necessary paperwork for our (3rd annual) fundraiser today. I've been talking with them the last few days. One cool feature that they've added (mainly because of our group) is a team fundraiser site. The last couple years, everyone would direct their friends to our fundraising page. Now they've designed the system so that each person on our team can create their own personal page. I haven't seen it yet but I think the total money raised will be shown collectively on each page. They were excited to tell me about it.
They also had said there were new guidelines that had to be followed. I was beginning to worry that they were going to raise the amount needed to allocate funds specifically. Fortunately that hasn't changed. The goal again this year is to raise $10,000 or more so that every cent of that goes directly to Dr Guinan at Boston's Children's Hospital for her cancer research. I'll post more about this as it moves ahead.

1 comment:

Mjay said...

Good luck this weekend!

Trail run in Florida sounds like fun. Watch out for Gators!