Saturday, February 27, 2010

IntenSati in NYC

If you haven't read Matt's post right below this one, please read it before reading this one. He did such a great job of putting pen to paper and expressing the spirit of IntenSati.

I registered for this event 6 weeks ago and had been anxiously awaiting the day. At the time I signed up, I was expecting to attend by myself. So when the plans allowed for Matt and Tiffany to join me, I was elated. I'm always thrilled to workout with Tiffany, especially when we are fortunate enough to attend Patricia's class together. But what really felt the best was knowing that Matt chose to step out of his comfort zone, face his fears & discomfort, and experience IntenSati for himself. I had no doubt that he would be great, but I also know how intimidating it is trying a class (especially a BIG one) for the first time.

Before every workout, Patricia addresses the class by sharing what is happening in her life, her challenges and how she is choosing to face them. I think this is what I respect most about her - she is real. She doesn't get up there and preach about how perfect her life is. She stands up there professing she loves her life and is grateful for the challenges as they make her face her fears, make the tough decisions and through that process becomes the person she wants to be. She never claims it is easy, but that it is possible....if you really want to be it. And then from there she leads you through the most intense cardio burn of your life! But more than that, everytime I complete an IntenSati workout I am fired up and always think 2 things: 1. "Holy Crap!! That was amazing! I did it!!" and 2. "I can do/ be anything I set my mind to. I have to want it bad enough." Each workout closes with a short series of flowing yoga poses followed by a few minutes of peaceful refelction. As you sit in easy pose, Patricia (in her soothing voice) reinforces that affirmations that we spent the last hour+ declaring. It is done. All is good.

I was thankful to have the opportunity to have Patricia sign my copy of her book, The IntenSati Method- 7 Secret Principles to Thinner Peace, last night after class. It was published last month and in it she talks about all aspects of the practice of IntenSati as well as her nutritional practices. There is also step by step instruction with photos (which Tiffany is in many of!) of the basic moves/affirmations.

I know I've said this many times before, but for me IntenSati is the best cross-training both physically and mentally. If you ever have the opportunity to take a class, do it.

The Warrior in me bows to the Warrior in You.


Tiffany, Patricia and me after class.
Note the red face and wet hair. Sure signs of a great workout!

6 comments:

tiffany said...

That is a great pic!! love, love, love!! you did just as well expressing yourself- YOU are real!

Mjay said...

It's sounds like it was an inspiring experience. So jealous....Does she have DVDs for those of us who are distance challenge?

GC said...

Yes, there are several DVDs available on her website satilife.com. you can find them under the "store" tab.

Mjay said...

picked one up on Amazon last night. figured it was worth a try (nice option on those days that I don't want P90x Cardio) I find myself drawn to the yoga CD because it draws me into a calm state of being. Intensati will likely revive/rejuvenate my mind....along with kicking my butt. Looking forward to checking it out. If there's a DVD you and Tiff recommend over the others...let me know.

GC said...

Both of the IntenSati dvd's are good in my opinion. Not nearly as energetic as experiencing the class in person, but a still workout.

I also have the kickbox yoga fusion which I like very much. Which dvd did you get?

ujjwalsharma said...

My first time I visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff on your blog, especially its discussion. thanks for sharing such a wonderful post. You can also check health benefits of sukhasana