Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Race Prep

The "Run for Haiti" 4 miler in Central Park is Saturday morning. Todd is also signed up but isn't sure if he's going to go or not. Well I'm going, the question is will I race or pace? I'm leaving this as a last minute decision. If I get a good warm-up and get myself into the race day zone, then I'll test out the leg speed. Otherwise it's just another step towards guaranteed entry for the 2011 NYC Marathon.
I also realized we are under 100 days until the Columbia Triathlon, so I made my hotel reservation. Hopefully I don't repeat last year and have to cancel it. I also hope they have better weather for the race this year.

When we were in Warren back in January, Jerry stopped by. He's been doing the P90X workouts and has been enjoying them. Seeing how long Jerry has been working out, for him to say it's a good program says a lot to me. He ran us through the Ab Ripper X routine. It's 25 reps of each move and it takes about 15 minutes. This is the ab workout I'm trying to do 3 times a week. I feel like I have a long way to go. I'd be happy with feeling average at that workout at the end of 3 months.

We went swimming tonight, 8:30 start. That's kind of rough but we were looking for a shorter workout anyhow. Alexis and Shawn showed up as well so we had a good group swim. We got 2000m in. Decent mix of pace and race. Shawn is a really good sprinter. He pushed me to really kick hard on those races. He still beat me. It was a good time.

3 comments:

m said...

Only 95 days until Columbia!! Good thing I started running again! I should look into booking my hotel one of these days too.

Jon said...

The run for Haiti is actually TWO steps towards the 2011 Marathon. I thought I was reading the race wrong when it said its a S, Q, Q, C, but sure enough down at the bottom it says it counts twice. Good luck this weekend!

catmarlson said...

Maija: I figured I'd book sooner than later so I'd get the group rate. It's also nice to be so close to the race site.
As for your running, I'm guessing the speed won't take you long to put back into place.

Jon: Yeah the Double Q was a nice bonus. I have a plan in place that will put me in 8 races before my first triathlon of the year. Can't say that will happen but it's on my calendar. Things have a way of changing...