Thursday, February 4, 2010

Serious eating.

Well after many failed attempts to get on track in January with our eating, Genine and I are officially back on track. It's not that we were eating junk, it's just that we couldn't get ourselves into that calorie deficit mode.
(I take that back, I did have a bad habit of grabbing a Luna bar or Clif Bar pre or post workout. I have no need for that type of thing right now. That problem is now in check)
I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out exactly how I was going to get this thing going. It wasn't like I had bad stuff I needed to cut out. I just had to eat less. So I had to make less. It's funny how you get in the habit of say, 3 slices of toast, 2 eggs, 2 whites, 8 oz glass of juice. It's just routine. So now it's 2 slices, 1 egg, 3 whites, 6 oz of juice. Apply that thinking to 5 meals a day and I've achieved my deficit.
The last 3 days I've had major deficit going on and yet I'm not feeling any of the usual "symptoms". The other day I biked 17.5 miles in the morning, then swam 2500 at night and only had 1800 calories. All I can think is that it's because I'm not doing speed work. Long Slow Distances and I'm just burning the fat. Burn baby burn!

No comments: