Friday, November 7, 2008

Power Plate Update

So yesterday I commented that the vibrating power plate machine I used Wednesday, "seems effective". Change that to "is effective".
I guess I forgot about the 2 day rule about recovering from a tough workout. My legs this morning were feeling it. Kind of a different feel to be honest, 2 things.
1) I felt that every part of my leg muscle was fatigued. I guess nothing escaped this machine. I'd say this is a positive thing.
2) I didn't put it together yesterday when my arms were sore. (we did pushups and side plank exercises on it as well). Anyhow, in addition to the fatigue, there is/was a bit of soreness, arms yesterday and legs today. What I think is interesting is that the soreness is at the last bit of muscle before the knee and the elbow. I can't say whether this is a good or bad yet. It's just something I'll have to pay attention to as I continue to use it more.

So swimming this morning, I was on my own. Actually for about 10 minutes, I was the only person in the pool. I went in planning on being very focused on sticking to a workout. I was going to warmup then do 10x100 on 2:05.
My 2nd 100 was terrible so I decided instead of practicing bad swimming. I'd take a longer break. 3rd was ok. 4th was pretty bad again. Long rest... 5th not great. Time to change the plan.
I went to my balance and kick drills, then finished with some slow good laps. It's good to leave the pool swimming well rather than flailing.
I quit early and caught an earlier train to work.
I was in the pool a bunch this week, I'm not surprised that I didn't have much left. Kind of a good feeling actually.
Oddly enough, I'm going to the pool again in a few minutes. I won't be swimming much. I'm going to work with Genine on some of the TI balance drills. (Let the blind leading the blind jokes begin).

No comments: