Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh to be able to kick well...

The way you get better is to focus on your weaknesses. Well I hope that I don't have anything weaker than my kick, because it's pathetic.
I don't spend a ton of time on my kick because honestly, I have a hard time knowing what I'm doing wrong to begin with. So I end up practicing something which is totally useless and ineffective.
Fortunately, our new swim coach realized as a group we are weak kickers and is taking steps towards changing that for us. Last night's workout was basically an hour of kick drills. I'm glad she didn't tell us that at the beginning of class, because my motivation to finish each set was the hope of doing something different when it was done.
The funny thing is, now think I should do a set like that at least once a week. I'm a long way from being good and I'm not going to catch up with everyone else without doing some extra homework.
Actually, I doubt I will ever catch most of the people that were at class last night, but I'd be happy with holding some sort of respectable interval rather than just finishing... whenever.

350 wu
4x50-25 kick, 25 swim
4x75-50 kick, 25 swim
4x100-75 kick,25 swim
4x100-25 kick, 75 swim
4x75-25 kick, 50 swim
4x50-25 kick, 25 swim
100 easy free cd
200 choice cd
300 easy free
2750m total

No comments: