Thursday, November 27, 2008

Flemington 5K Turkey Trot 2008

I guess I should have looked at the details regarding this race a bit more closely. I didn't understand until the morning of, that there would be about 3000 runners. Which isn't that big of a deal except I couldn't find Todd or Chaz before the race.

Race start, completely packed. I don't think there were mats to run over at the start, so my time is going to reflect gun time and finish line. I could be wrong about this.

Here is the quick report. The start was way crowded. The chart I'm going to post, I didn't start my watch until I got to the "bank" at which point I was still practically walking.
Last 5K I got to the mile mark in 6:30. I think he said 7:15 when I went by. Ugh! Ah well, keep pushing see what happens.
I forget what time they told me at the 2 mile mark, it still sounded slower than I wanted to hear.
Keep pushing, when I can finally see the clock as I approach the finish, I can't believe it's saying 20:50 or something like that. I think I crossed the line at 21:15. I forgot to stop my watch at the line.... no matter.
They cut the chip off my shoe. Todd comes over congratulates me. He's smiling because he just beat his previous PR by 45 seconds! Go Todd!
We walk back to find a spot to watch for Genine. We see Chaz run by with his Ironman FL hat on and headphones in. So he doesn't hear us yell "Go Chaz!"..... We never see Genine run by. We walk back to the car she is there. She thinks she finished in 26:15 but isn't sure.
Todd, Genine and I look for Chaz. No luck. We have someone take a photo of the 3 of us and we head for home.
Here is the graph. I can't figure what happened at the end of my race. I certainly never slowed to an 8:30 pace. I put the vertical line at what may have been my "Watch time" Finish? 20:30?

Edit: I put the post up in a hurry. Taking another look at the graph. My HR doesn't drop off until the 21:00 mark. That's likely the end of my run. Of course now I'm looking at the 1:45 of "jogging" at the start of the run. Ha ha!
IMG_0061.jpg

The other few photos can be found here!
Full Results can be found here!

4 comments:

m said...

Great races Genine and Matt!

Unknown said...

Great Job yesterday. I saw you guys are doing the morgantown triathlon. thats a hell of a race. Maybe ill see you there

catmarlson said...

Morgantown is definitely fun. Not sure if you heard they made the run a bit easier for next year. They took out the wall, I mean hill.
Guess the guy in the devil suit is out of a job for next year.

CSquared said...

Awesome race to both Genine & Matt. I did a 3 mile run Thursday around 9 am as moral support. I broke 30 mins. I wasn't working too hard.

Great job!