Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Monday To Do List

Saturday and Sunday were plenty busy this past weekend. The funny thing is, I had intended to do even more than I did. Unrealistic? Perhaps, considering the growing To Do list I have at home. I’m good at keeping up with the stuff that is essential to making it through the week. Laundry, Groceries, cooking up food for lunch… It’s the less regular projects that fall through the cracks. Rake the leaves, Mow the lawn, Winterize the house, Patch the roof….

Fortunately for me, I had Monday off and the weather was going to be perfect…. To go out biking… After I get my morning swim in. That's what I would have liked to do. That isn’t what happened though. My Monday was influenced by one of Genine’s favorite Triathlon Bloggers, Maggs. Maggs had written a post about “Let’s make a Deal”, in which she was making deals with herself. If you do this, you get that. I thought to myself how I might be the type of person that could work on that system as well.
Although, I guess this past weekend, I kind of reversed the system. I gave myself the reward of having fun Saturday and Sunday, knowing that I had to hold myself accountable to complete the majority of my To Do list on Monday.

So as I was eating breakfast Monday, wishing I had a Starbucks coffee, I decided that was going to be the reward for the day. No Starbucks until the list is done.
I didn’t get to Starbucks until about 5PM but I got there. Genine will be impressed.
Thanks Maggs!

After picking up my Starbucks, I then start to think of my workout options. Biking? Too dark, it would have to be on the trainer. Bleh! Short run? Saturday/Sunday were both hill runs, give it a rest. I guess whatever we happen to get as a workout after we meet our new Masters Swimming coach tonight will have to be enough.

There were 7 of us at class, and we had 3 lanes. I decided to try and hang in the fast lane with Bob and Maija. I was counting on being helped by drafting, like I did this past Saturday. Sadly, there was no drafting, they were uncatchable but I did hold most of the intervals. I just didn’t get much rest in between. It was a good workout for me.

Side note: Whatever chemicals are in the pool seem to work well as a solvent. The roofing tar that was on my hands at the start of the night was gone.

No comments: