Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting stuff done

Because we didn't travel for Thanksgiving, instead of finishing out the holiday weekend feeling exhausted and even further behind in our to do list, we are ahead of the game. Which is a good thing. Genine has a big "visit" at work on Wednesday, the President of Marketing, Visual, Store Design.... will be evaluating the store (her work). Can you imagine working to have the store look great by Wednesday after all the holiday shopping this weekend?

My job is also going to get much busier for the next 4-6 months. Our company will be moving once again. I'm looking forward to this one. I think it's going to be a very nice upgrade to everyone's work environment. I'll just be very busy making plans for getting everything moved: Phone Systems, Internet/Servers, Editing Systems... Then of course there is the researching of potential upgrades to all this. It should all go well, as I said, I'm looking forward to it. I wish there were a set schedule but that's just not possible. I'll just be pushing to get everything done as fast as possible.

So what did we get done around here?
My office/trash heap. You can actually see the floor in there. It's amazing how much stuff you can have and if it's electronics/computer related how quickly it's obsolete.

New tires for Genine's car. Always important to have good tread through the winter months. The price for that tread is still somewhat surprising to me. $450 for the set of 4 after an $80 rebate. But really I can't justify buying cheap tires when it seems that 95% of our driving is at highway speeds.

Outside decorations. Genine loves to decorate but she is usually so busy/exhausted from work she doesn't get to do as much as she'd like. So she put up some pine roping and wreaths up and it looks nice.

We also got to spend some time with friends.
Wednesday night we went out to dinner with Claudia and Maija. The resturant's "on tap" beer selection was all regional selections, which of course I loved. It was nice just to hang out and visit. So often our conversations are limited to a 20 second rest inverval at the pool. Ha ha!

Thursday: 5K race in the morning then in the afternoon we went to Kevin and Lara's place in Brooklyn for Thanksgiving dinner. We appreciated the invite, food was great and it was a very fun time.
Of course we got our workouts in as well. Todd and I were running hills at 6AM Saturday morning. It was good that I forgot my watch, we were both still feeling the 5K race. We got through it, actually we added an extra lap this week. Next week we are looking for a killer hill just to mix things up.
Maija has been planning our swim workouts. I am horrible at sticking with a workout if I go to the pool alone. So I really appreciate the effort she puts into planning these workouts and adjusting her schedule to include us. :-)

Lastly. Shawn made a comment on another post. A Wall-e Reference I didn't understand entirely. So I had to look it up.

Entertaining as always Shawn.

2 comments:

SJV said...

I wonder if they make tri-suits in this pattern.

GC said...

I'm not sure about tri-suits, but I bet Maija could get you hooked up with a custom Splish swimsuit in this pattern. Very stylish...not to mention slimming!