Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pushup Plan is back

I can't seem to find the time to put together a decent blog post but I want to have something going on here...

Last night was Pull ups/ Pushups and Abs.
I decided to try a modified version of the pushup plan for pull ups.
I did 5 sets of 4 then 3 more. I should have moved to sets of 2, just to get 10 sets in. Next time.

Then the pushups. I'm not sure where I left off earlier in the year when I was doing this. I'll have to go digging in the spreadsheets...
Well I did 239 pushups last night. 10 sets of 7, 3 times. then I bonked on the 3rd set of 10 on the last pushup of the set. I have a feeling I won't make it that far if I do them again on Thursday. Trying to decided if this is a twice a week or three times a week thing.

Abs: Genine was at a party and I still did the abs workout... I hate doing abs.

Here is the pushup plan again if you are feeling inspired.


7 push-ups-rest 30 seconds-10 sets/ 1 minute rest.

after you've done 3 sets of those (70x3=210) 1 minute rest.
-then 10 sets of 10 push-ups with 30 second rest. total of 310.
- then 10 sets of 12 push-ups with 30 seconds rest. total of 430
You'll feel like superman in a month or so
-start slow
-it works everything-especially if you tighten your core. squeeze your triceps as well.
-you get to a point where you stop from boredom
-Once you have built up to the full set. Doing them once a week is enough. Rest is important.
-keep a log of your totals while building up just to see the progress and set some goals

3 comments:

CSquared said...

I am only slightly confused. I do 840 pushups in one sitting or do I start with th 210, once mastered move the next 310, once mastered move to 430.

catmarlson said...

You follow the plan as far as you can go. Keep track where you "failed".

So here is my workout last night:
10 sets of 7, 3 times.
Then I was only able to make it to the 9th pushup of the 3rd set of 10.

Hopefully the next time around you are able to go a bit further into the progression.

Make sense?

Jim said...

I read this last night after running and playing racquetball for an hour, so the push-ups were out, but I did do 250 sit-ups/crunches under this method. The question will be, " how do I feel 24 -72 hours later".

Thanks for the re-posting.