Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ice Storm

Heck of a drive this morning. We left at 4AM. Driving in freezing rain and the temperature was between 25-30. That was our driving speed for the first 3 hours as well. Our car was slowly being encased in ice. It was 1/4" thick at least.
At one of the rest stops I was able to free up the sheet on the hood and lose that. Pieces of it had been breaking off from time to time and hitting the windshield. I'll admit it, I ducked when it happened.

So 8.5 hours later we make it. That's 3 hours longer than normal, but I'm not going to complain, we weren't involved with any of the dozen or so accidents we drove by today.

The 8+ hours were certainly uncomfortable though, becuase I tweaked my lower back yesterday afternoon. I have no idea how. So the first thing I did when I got to Warren was call the chiropractic office, hoping they might still be open. Nope, they can see me on Monday. (we go back to NJ Monday).
Guess if I'm still feeling badly on Friday (likely) I'll call one of the massage places. I really don't want to be lame with this for a week.

Well that's enough crying/complaing. Time for a nap.

1 comment:

m said...

Glad you guys got there okay even though it was a long trip. Have a Merry Christmas!