Friday, December 26, 2008

Need a post holiday event!

There needs to be a post Christmas/New Year's Triathlon or something, because it would seem I can't stop Carb and Fat loading. It would be nice to have a really good excuse for it :-)

So Thursday afternoon, Genine and I ran 5K of hills. It was the worst feeling run I've done in quite awhile. It wasn't until I upped the pace and ran up the hill to the lower parking lot at the High School that I actually felt stretched out.
It reminded me of something Kevin had said regarding one of his half marathons. He felt that for whatever reason the slower pace he was initially running with a friend, was actually more difficult than running his faster pace.
Not sure that is exactly what happened here. I think the 8.5 hours in the car and the bad back are more of the cause.

Friday: Over to the Y for a swim. Genine picks a workout from the swim book and it was just like swimming with Majia and Esther, because I started modifying the workout pretty quickly. My left shoulder is either still recovering or it's just much more weak than my right because of pulling improperly for the last 18 months or so. UGH!
Anyhow, I kept it easy, tried to focus on form and worked on stretching out my back.

The fun part of being "home for the holidays". 2 lanes over I see someone get in the pool that looks familiar. With a swim cap and goggles it's tough to recognize people but I realized it was Marisa. I don't think I've seen her in about 20 years. I said hello and of course she had no chance of knowing who I was either. So I told her who I was and then Genine swam up and said hello. Marisa swims with a large Masters group in China about 40 people I think she said. Fun stuff!
Didn't get to talk with her much as she had a printed workout as well, so I didn't want to interrupt. Would have been cool to be able to figure a time to catch up with her. Would be interesting to hear what life in China is like.

Well it looks like it's going to rain from now until Monday. Hopefully it won't be awful and we will get to run with Craig and Jim at some point this weekend.

1 comment:

esther said...

new year's trapeze party!