Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not as hot, still humid

Started off Sunday with a 40 mile bike ride with Genine and Maija. That was about 10 miles further than we originally planned which was fine it was a nice ride.
We were going to swim right after the bike but I bailed. It would have been an ugly swim I just didn't think it was going to be beneficial. So I headed home and rolled out the IT Band with the stick and did a bunch of stretching.
Later in the afternoon I had my 6 mile pace run left to do. It kept looking like it was going to pour down rain at any minute. Finally I decided I'd just go and hopefully if it rained there wouldn't be lightning. So off I go. I run down to the ballpark and there is a game going on. So I decided not to run the parking lot loop because of all the attendants and people looking for parking. I'll have to add about a mile to my run some other direction. By the time I was 4 miles in it may as well have been pouring down rain, as I was drenched with sweat. I'm so glad I did the 13 miles yesterday in the lower humidity. I knocked out the 6 miles averaging a 8:06 pace. I should have been trying to slow myself down a bit. 8:20 is my goal pace for the marathon. I'm really not sure if that's the right pace. I've got 8 more pace runs on the schedule the longest is only 10 miles tho'. That doesn't sound long enough to find out if you can hold that pace for the distance but I guess it doesn't matter. Unless I mess something up so badly that I have major issues, I'm probably going to be happy with my results.

Even though I was drier during yesterday's run I still lost a ton of fluid. I haven't done the math but here's the info. I weigh myself before I run. During/After the run I drink 2 bike bottles of gatorade and 3 12oz glasses of water and I was still 3 pounds lighter.

Here are some cool shots from the TdF

No comments: