Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Excel old Tango Results

Everyone is waiting on the results from the Kinzua Country Tango. I'm not sure what the hold up is but because it seems to happen every year, I've decided to put together a spreadsheet with results from previous years. I almost never use excel, so I thought it would be a good project to learn the program better. It's going well, if I had someone read me numbers I could be done with last year's results already. I'll post up my work here and on the facebook page when I'm done. I'll see if I can get it onto a shared google document as well, that way you don't have to have excel on your computer to check out all the results in various methods of sorting.
I would say that this whole project is good because I will learn the program better but I'm realizing it's another one of those programs that unless you use it often, you will never remember how you did everything. At least I'll know that it's possible.
If the 2010 results aren't out by the time I finish this. I'll definitely find out if my spreadsheet would help move things along.

Our last two trips to the pool have been short 45 minute efforts. My 10x100 the other day went better than expected. Tonight I wanted to give my legs a break so I did a bunch of pulling with hand paddles.
Running is going well. It was pretty dark at the track at 5:30 this morning but it improved quickly. I hope I don't end up regretting doing these "track workouts", they are supposed to be short easy run days. I'm enjoying the change of pace so I'm going to keep with it until it feels like it's too much.
I'm not sure I've been on my bike yet this month. Kind of a bummer but it will be fun to see the results of all this running. I've got to lock in a couple run events soon. More on that later.

No comments: