Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Home Projects

I guess our house is going to go through some changes in a big hurry. My contractor calls me today and starts asking me questions that only Genine can answer. Of course Genine is swamped at work but I really have no other choice than to pass along the call to her. Genine calls me on her way home and tells me there will probably be 10 or more people at our house on Thursday. They are going to replace all the windows. Tear apart the back porch and start framing in the new walls and do some of the siding up on the dormers. Needless to say it's been busy. Just trying to think through all the decisions and then prepare the place for having all this work done. It feels like it's happening too fast but I guess we prefer that to never hearing from the guy and nothing being done.

On the fitness side of things, my lungs still aren't clear but Genine and I managed a 3 mile run Monday night. First mile was ugly Once I warmed up I felt like I could go for awhile. Fortunately we called it at 3 miles, I can definitely say my cardio is way ahead of my muscular conditioning right now. I'm fine with that. I think that says I've successfully de-trained. (although it wasn't completely planned).

Eating plan is still very much on track. I need to write about that soon. I'm curious about what Craig and Tamara would say about my attempt to take my nutrition to the next level. It's something I think they've worked on before. More on that later tho'. It's late.

5 comments:

CSquared said...

I am the waffler. My current nutrition is trying to avoid Flu stuff. I am actually trying to stay away from wheat, like Tamara already does.

I was talking last night with the kids to focus on eating fresh fruit if they want seconds and fruit is available. This is suppose to be a wonder for opening and keeping open breathing passages. Any raw vetable or fruit is always better.

The other thing is staying away from pork products and dead dairy products. I eat zero pork products (I actually took the turkey sandwich over the ham the other day, man does ham taste good). I am eating yogurt and hard cheese (no American slices, I actually don't classify these things as cheese), but staying away from milk and cooked dairy.

Lots of vitamin "C". And all the other vitamins Tamara sets out for me.

As always soda is my vice, specifically Dr. Pepper. When I am tired, I always find myself grabbing that instead of the Snapple Tea (Best stuff on earth) or water. I know the sugar surpresses my immune system, but it makes me feel good momentarily.

I am always excited to talk about nutrition even if I can't stay on track.

Mjay said...

Craig---curious...what falls into the category of "cooked dairy?" Me I am a yogurt/cheddar cheese nut...mmm cheddar cheese and a good apple...makes for an awesome snack!

Anyway-enlighten me as I am not a very dairy friendly person (sorry my dairy farmer ancestors) anyway!

Also - why not pork products...like pork tenderloin...etc

Mjay said...

Matt--can't wait to see the finished product. What are you doing with the back porch? Are you closing it in and making it more of a 4 season room?

catmarlson said...

The back room will become a dining room and then some. It will be nice to have the extra space but I'm sure there will be days I miss the screened porch.

BTW: Cheddar and Port. mmmmm

Mjay said...

Can't wait to see the project...maybe a new years trip is in order.....

Mmmmm-cheese!!!