Thursday, March 19, 2009

Upcoming races

Like Matt, I'll be racing this weekend. As much as he does, I'm not sure who will be faster!! Here is my short list for the spring/early summer.

1. Dianne Kelley 5k in Warren
2. Boston 5k April 19th- the day before the marathon. Start and finish on Boylston street at the same spot of the marathon.
3. Mt. Washington Road Race- Chris, Marty and I are in the lottery for this one and will find out by the 25th of this month if we are in or not. They do it differently than Kona in that you don't pay unless selected and you can be accepted /rejected as a group without hurting your odds of getting in. Avg grade is 11.8% with some stretches of 18% and the last 50 yards "the wall" being 22%. Thus I'm not sure if I want to be selected or not!!

4. Finally,.... Grass roots Adventure race comes to Warren!! July 18th.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Wow. I guess if you are signing up for the Mt Washington race, you are feeling much better about your running! That is good to see.

The Grass Roots WAR. Would be nice to see more details about that event. Too close to the Tango though.

I don't see any triathlons on the schedule. The Penn State Triathlon at the beginning of July is still a possibility. You might want to check that out.

It's nice to see that everyone has so much confidence in me here on the blog. I need to put a good run together on Sunday so I start getting some of that confidence myself!

CSquared said...

Yea the Warren race is too close to the TANGO. Too many trips that direction in too short a period of time.

Mt. Washington, really, it must be like parachuting, eating a brussel sprout, or cow tipping. Something you feel compelled to do, ONCE. Ouch!