Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day Light Savings

I use to dread losing that hour of sleep, now I can't wait.  I just realized that last year my training did not get to a good level until after daylight savings.  Awe, more sun, more fun.  

The funny part is I was so happy to drive to work and I was able to see without the headlights, then I realized it all changes next week.  I think I have used up my 8 ab Mulligans.  I might need to start the 40 days over again.  We didn't have a bet or anything, did we?

Sunday, we had a wild game dinner at church that I was in charge of organizing.  Mostly deer meat, but remarkably I tried bear for the first time in my life.  It tasted like roast.  The best dish was the venison Parmesan.  But I also enjoyed the venison pepper steak over rice that I made.  We had a lot of fun.  Before anyone thinks, "Man how can you eat Bambi like that", I just want to remind you that Bambi was a buck, and most of my hunting I usually only shoot a doe, so it is more like I am eating Bambi's mom :)

Also, remember that most deer are 2 to 3 years old.  It lived a free life in the wild.  The meat is hormone free, antibiotic free, and almost fat free.  The hamburger we eat (even though my beef comes from the local farmer who doesn't do that, but when I am in a restaurant) probably came from a bull that was 8 months old, pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, jammed in a pen and force fed grain.  Is my soap box high enough, yet?

This coming Sunday we have a men's breakfast.  Levi enjoys eating, so I take him.  I am in charge of the bible study.  I always feel like I have to be on.  So, I work too hard trying to learn the subject matter then we have a bad turn out of people and I feel funnytalking to four guys, but I guess four is better than none.

I saw a great movie, maybe not a cinematic masterpiece, but as a relationship thing it was good.  You probably heard of it "Fireproof".  I have heard the critics say it got a little preachy, I also heard that it was another bash the man, he never does anything right.  But I saw it as convicting of my own issues.  Please look past the corniness of the movie and see the message that any marriage can be saved if it is in trouble or maybe any marriage has the ability to improve and that one person has the ability to do that, despite that fact it takes two to Tango.

All right, I will try to stay more triathlon oriented next time, but I can't help myself.  Baby is good.  Family is staying healthy.  And I did not give up anything for lent, but added reading the bible out loud after dinner.  We are in the Gospel of Mark.

No comments: