Friday, March 13, 2009

Daylight Savings Time Blues

It’s been an off week for me this week. I’m going to blame it on the time shift.
I started out the week thinking that I’d be able to shift the hour and just move along as if nothing had changed. The beginning of the week it seemed as if everything was going well. Alarm would go off and I’d get up and go each morning. Getting up is the hard part right? Well unfortunately I wasn’t going to sleep at my normal time and it wasn’t just off by an hour. It was more like 90 min to 2 hours. So instead of getting 6-7 hours of sleep during the week, it was 4 or 5. It didn’t take long for that to catch up with me.
It’s really tough to be motivated when you are tired both mentally and physically. (I know, I know, preaching to the choir) So I’ve had an easy week so far in terms of workouts, which I’m fine with. I just have to make an effort this weekend to get caught up on sleep. I think everything else will fall back into place if I make that happen.

In other news:
Genine’s wetsuit arrived from the ebay purchase. I guess we had thought the 2008 suit would be similar or exactly the same as the 2006 she had tried on, in terms of sizing. Unfortunately, it would seem this 2008 has a longer torso. So the fit is okay, but not as awesome as 2006.
I had been curious if there is any difference in buying a 2006 vs a 2008. How well does a suit hold up sitting around in a bin? Well Genine felt that this 2008 was easily the most stretchy suit she has tried on. The 2006 has the same rubber as far as I can tell. So perhaps the 2006 she tried on has lost some of is elasticity? I have a feeling we will be revisiting the 2006 suit this weekend and/or ordering up a DeSoto to try.
Glad we started this process early.

No comments: