Monday, March 23, 2009

March 22 15K race in central park

Hey, so a few folks got together yesterday and ran around the park to raise money for a good cause: Colon Cancer awareness. Here's proof!
Better resolution is available (until I need drive space, that is)

Congrats to the runners, Matt, Steve, Amy and David. Gotta get you out there, Genine! (notice that I'm not putting MYSELF out there..) Hell no! Gravity is not my friend- now if they had races in the moon I would consider it, but only consider it. Somebody get Bill Gates on that.

What did Shawn say about Colons? In case you're wondering, a COLON makes a cameo in the video. I think it was clean. I didn't find out. Get on the good foot!

Enjoy!


9 comments:

catmarlson said...

That is great Ruth! Thanks so much!

esther said...

ruth, I LOVED THIS VIDEO!! and the fact that you were the cheerleader, too! and way to run, solja boy!

GC said...

You are AMAZING, Ruth!! And so is the video! I love, love, LOVE the music you chose! Perfect!! Thanks for coming out to cheer with me! We make a great "tag team". Looking forward to doing it again soon.

silent_scream said...

The great cheerleading voice that you hear in the video was Genine cheering everyone on, and good thing too 'cause if she hadn't I would not have known who was coming down the path!

It was a fun time and yeah Genine, any time! Can never go wrong with James Brown, right? and again, I was inspired by the great athletes-- back to the pool...tomorrow!

m said...

Great video Ruth! I would love to have you out at a race video taping sometime. Or seeing you out there racing! See you soon.

silent_scream said...

Maija:

2012! I'll tape you!!!!!

silent_scream said...

Or sooner :) Let me know!

m said...

Ruth-You crack me up! I was invited to do a 2012 talent id race in April, but I don't have the right bike for it and it is in TX. Details details. :)

esther said...

btw, G's hair looks great in this video!