Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Bunny Slowing Us Down

Started feeling bad about my lack of effort. I had a cold last week, but still did some stuff. I was excited about Easter, thought I would feel better. We traveled to Williamsport (Sorry for not looking you up Shawn) to visit Grandma. We stay at a hotel now to keep Grandma from working too hard. The hotel had a Treadmill, Exercise Bike, and a pool. I took two sets of shorts so I could workout at least two days. The extent of my workout was splashing in the pool with the kids for 1 and half hours. That cold I had manifested into something worse in my chest (which I haven't experienced for a while). Fatigue overcame me. I have been in bed by 9 pm every night and sleeping in whenever I can.

I did decide to swim last night. Pool was closed. Not sure why, but one person really manages the pool and does almost all the life guarding, so if she is sick, there goes the good time. So, I did what any dedicated athlete would do, I played Levi's Gameboy for about an hour. Read a magazine and went to bed, got all that in by 9.

I hope everyone else is well. I went to the spreadsheet this morning and realized, except for Eric, who already identified his fatigue, we have fallen off the wagon a little. So, I plan to run tonight and do some weight training. Woke up this morning without the coughing and tightness in the chest, so I should be good to go. Not to hard tonight. I think 30 minutes easy running, and then 20 minutes weight stuff, easy.

My Brother sent me to the site below to see some Skateboarder racking his junk against a rail, then getting run over by a car. While watching, I saw a another video thumbnail stating "300 Spartan Workout Training. Home Version". Most of it doesn't look to bad, but when you look at the quantity of reps, it would probably get you there. Here is the link:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/514640/300_spartan_workout_training_home_version/

No comments: