Sunday, June 6, 2010

Running updates

Last Sunday I ran a 1:35:10 at the Buffalo half marathon. Finished 114 of 2500. It was a warm and humid morning and by 8:30 am itwas in the mid 80's. I was pleased as I needed a 1:45:00 to get Corral 1 seeding at the Twin cities marathon in October. Registration for the marathon is closed, but Marty Chris and I are running it. Chris has the 1st corral placement too.

The rest of this week I was at a conference in the Baltimore. The conference hosts a 5k. I felt recovered enough to do the 5k on Friday. Not my fastest time of the year, but not a flat race either. Finished this in 20:30, but that was good for 34th of 249. It appears from previous year results that most people were 30 sec to a minute slower.

Next on my schedule:
YMCA 5k /10k June 19th to benefit Rich Norris
Lakewood 10k July 4th
Maybe Butler Sprint Tri on July 11th.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Dang Jim! You are back! Congrats on that 13.1

We plan on being in Warren June 19-21. What time is the 5/10K. Is there a website? Maybe I can run too.

Sprint Tri!!!! Have to get ready for the Tango. Never know where we are going to need help. ;-)

GC said...

Nice job, Jim! Very impressive! Looking forward to the 5k next weekend.