Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another good day

We went down to the lake again today. Genine and Ruth headed straight to the water. I had to run a couple miles before doing that.
Wow did the start of my run feel bad! Which then put a ton of negative thoughts into my head. Fortunately, after about a mile everything was feeling much better and I finished feeling pretty good about it. I'll have to run a bit tomorrow as well as a very short easy bike.

Now down to the lake. I wanted to try out the sleeveless top to my wetsuit. Well I definitely can say I can feel the catch much better but I'm going to be in the water for 25-30 minutes and it's not going to be a hot day. 65 degree water on bare arms is probably not the best idea. So I switched back to my full top and swam a bit more. All is good.

I saw something today I've never seen at Newfound Lake (other than all the Ironman branded signs and logos). There were 2 people on paddle boards out on the lake. I've only ever seen that in pictures from Hawaii. I've always though that would be fun to try. Maybe we will find a way to make that happen when we are back up here in July.

Time is flying by up here. I spent a bit of time today having to reconfigure our servers for work. That was frustrating. Actually I've had about 2 weeks of frustrating networking work recently. Hopefully next week I'll have it all solved and I can move on to other projects. But enough about work, I'm on vacation... sort of.

1 comment:

Mjay said...

Hey is Genine doing the 1/2 or Olympic this year?

As for the paddle boards...I've always wanted to try that. I wonder if you can rent them up there? We still need to get up there so Jerry can see the farm! One of these days....

Have you made it to sculptured rocks for a soothing ice bath? Good memories