Saturday, June 26, 2010

5-Finger Revolution

Well, I finally got me some Vibram 5-Finger "shoes." I've been selling the idea of these for years, running in my Sambas, and wishing for even less, so I finally decided to go for it. My Sambas were starting to hurt, and my Brooks got a little squashed last year during the Tango, leading to discomfort on longer runs. I'm gonna try the minimalist approach and see what happens. I'm basically a barefoot evangelist already, so i sincerely hope I am not disappointed.

In addition, I too, like Matt, am in diet deficit mode, trying to lose a truckload of weight. I am shooting for an unreasonable amount, but I will take what I get. All out this month. Gotta get down for the Tango, my only race this year. Anyone think I can do a 3500 calorie deficit daily? That's close to my base metabolism, so if I eat nothing for the month, I might be good. I bought a new scale today so I can track the effectiveness, and I have my flipcam, so I might see what kind of entertaining montage I can put together of this effort. I'll try to start with the filming tonight.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I've been thinking about how to work the vibrams into my workouts. It's just that 2 of my 3 runs per week are already tight for time. So I haven't found the time to switch to them for a short run.
Maybe once I'm running 5 days a week?

BTW: is Bart going to buy them too? That would be something, the Quarter Ton Tango Team running "barefoot".