Monday, January 10, 2011

Where are the lane lines?

Our pool is always an adventure...

I get to the pool and the lot is nearly empty and nobody is swimming. The sign at the desk says "Very Low Chlorine". I ask if I can swim and the lifeguard says, "in the shallow end, otherwise I couldn't see you if you were at the bottom of the pool".
Seriously, you couldn't see the lane lines in the deep end. ::Sigh:: I had a 30 minute workout, so I figured why not. I complain about too much chlorine, this is better right? I didn't feel like I was breathing chemicals the whole time like last Monday morning...

So what do you think? Was that stupid? Should I have skipped the swim this morning?

2 comments:

Mjay said...

Well---let's see...You swim in the Hudson right? I guess the better question is...Did you have a beard of green gunk when you got out of the pool???? If not..I'd say you are fine (this time at least)

m said...

One time I was swimming in Somerville (90+ degrees in the pool). I'm 30 minutes in and the lifeguards inform us that they haven't not put any chlorine in the pool recently. Hot water+ no chlorine is not good! I asked if we had to get out and she said it was up to us. I figured I'd been in there 30 minutes already, the damage had already been done, so I finished my workout. That was the last time I swam in Somerville however...