Monday, January 17, 2011

Updates

Ran the New Year's day 5k in Olean NY- 19:13. Warm day for us,... in the 40's . Was hoping to go under 19 again but got one mile in at 6:05 felt great and thought I'd pick it up a little. So I ran harder the next mile to get a 6:13. It seems the increased effort was necessary as I was thinking I was much faster than I really was. Finished 8th of about 180.

Started training for the New Jersey Marathon to be held May 1. Chris, Marty, Brad and Brad's daughter Darbee are all signed up too! Should be fun if I can keep the training up during the heart of the semester.

Planning on signing up for the the indoor tri on Feb 25 or 26th at Chautauqua ( Michelle should try this as there isonly 15 minutes per event and it is a good first time indoor tri)

Signing up for Lake Tupper Tinman on June 25th. This is the year to make it happen. Should be able to improve on my 7:45 from 11 years ago with a 31 pound bike and a body that was worse at swimming than I am now.

January through the 17th-
1/2 mile swim ( I know it is feeble, lame etc,... but I am getting back to it)
60 miles biking ( most of this in the last 8 days)
40 miles running!!

A decent start for me.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

19:13!!! Someday... someday... Very, very nice run.

Holy Smokes! A half iron! Awesome Jim, that is big news.
There has been hints of a comeback from Craig and Shawn sounds like he's wanting to get back into it as well. This blog might come back to life! (My posts are pretty dull).

NJ Marathon as well. I just checked out the site. They have a half marathon and you can even run it as a relay. That might fit my training schedule better.

GC said...

Nice 5k Jim!! Never in my life...you are so speedy!

I'm liking the plans for the half-iron in your future.(It gives me hope for myself.) Good for you!

NJ marathon...relay? I might be up for that option. Could be fun!