Monday, November 1, 2010

Training plan starts this week.

I thought this was a funny shirt. You can just put triathlon or training in there for me.
You can buy it at the NYRR store of course.


It wasn't too long ago that I wrote that I was hoping to be in the best shape of my life this week. (NYC Marathon week). It turns out I'm probably in the worst athletic shape that I've been in the last 2 years... Ah well. The good news is that my ankle keeps feeling better. During my 5 mile run on Saturday I didn't think about my ankle until the last mile. My toe raises continue to get stronger. I'm no longer worried that my foot will never be the same. (whew).

We were at the pool yesterday and it wasn't very inspiring. It's tough to look at the clock and not see the numbers that you had worked so hard for a few months ago. Genine said she felt like she was starting over. That's probably the best way to think about it anyhow. Forget about the old numbers, figure out where you are right now and improve upon those. I also decided that instead of thinking speed, it's the perfect time to think about form. One thing I'm trying to improve is my head position when I breathe. As I fatigue, I think I start to lift my chin up. So I've been trying to focus on getting my chin to my shoulder and rotating properly for the breath. That will definitely save time in the long run as my feet won't drop because of my head lift.

Today is also day one of the Mark Allen Online training plan. Only it's not going to be. I had to drive to our NJ studio today so a morning workout wasn't possible. Also Friday is supposed to be a day off and I'm going to run the Central Park 5 miler. So I'm going to adjust a few things this week. I'm hoping not to modify the schedule too often but maybe I'm being unrealistic thinking that. Guess we will find out soon enough.

No comments: