Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Trot

A fun run today. We got there early but we didn't bother to warm up or anything. We opted to share a scone at the coffee shop instead. 4,000 or so racers. We started about 2/3's of the way back. It's a very slow start to the race but they did have the chip timing so at least your start time is correct this year. Not important for me this year but a nice upgrade from 2 years ago. (Yeah I'm still bummin that I didn't get my under 21 minute run because of the start).
We tried to run as a group. We being Genine, Amy and I. Not as easy as it sounds. We did alright tho'. By the 2 mile mark I was warmed up and feeling like running. I decided that in the final quarter mile or so, if I saw someone going for a sprint finish, I was going to run with them and make a race of it. Sure enough, a guy comes bombing through, I break into a run and pass him. (it's still very crowded) Then he comes by me and says "I've got your tail" So I turn it up again. I'm on the outside edge running by all the spectators. I'm hoping none of them lean out or a kid steps out because now both of us are cruising. Unfortunately, he got cut off by some other runners and I got away from him with about 20m to go. It was a fun finish but I would have liked to have crossed beside him for the picture. I have no clue what number to look up now to find out his name. I crossed the line around 29:30 by the way. My training schedule today was supposed to be 35 min HR under 142. I probably managed that for about 2.5 miles. Good enough.
Genine finished maybe 20 seconds or so behind me. Amy a minute after that. Then it started to snow. Wahoo! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments: