Sunday, November 21, 2010

3 weeks with the schedule

3 Weeks of the offseason training plan is complete. No missed workouts. (11 per week)

I can’t help but think that I’ve aged 10 years during those 8 weeks off with the bad ankle tho’. It’s crazy, I feel like I need a massage before and after every run. I’m running at a speed, which is barely considered running!

I ran for 55 minutes tonight, slow, as in I may have run 5.5 miles. The good news is that around 30 minutes in, I actually felt somewhat comfortable. I’ll take any progress I can get.

I keep thinking of one of my friends who as he saw me getting into shape he said “Don’t ever stop, getting started again is so awful you may never get back into it” Hmmm. Agreed.


We are running the Flemington Turkey Trot this Thursday. The last time I ran it (2 years ago) I was going into the race looking to break 21 minutes for my 5K (just missed, I blame the crazy packed start). This time I’m thinking about how my entry fee is going for a good cause and how it’s always fun to “race” with friends. It’s going to be a packed race. 3500 “racers”, no corrals, but plenty of kids and strollers, yep mayhem at the start.


Swimming and biking is going along just fine. The swim workouts are still short in comparison to what I’ve done previous years but I’m not complaining about having more time in my day to do other things. I’ll trust that the plan will get me there when it needs to be there.


I did add a new tool to the training kit, a medicine ball. There are so many good exercises to do with them. I wanted to mix up the core exercises this year and this is the tool to get it done. We will talk more about this in future posts.


Our food blog has stalled a bit. I had tried to make Wasabi Crusted Ahi Tuna the other week. I say tried because there were certain parts of it that just didn’t work out as I had hoped. I’ve thought about what it is I need to modify for next time, I just need there to be a next time so I can post this one up. The first attempt was pretty tasty. How bad can it be? You use coconut milk instead of water to cook the rice! (fat city)

No comments: