Monday, November 29, 2010

Bird, Nerd, Word.

As I've mentioned before, I get harassed a bit on my training rides and runs because I'm constantly pointing out what birds are around. So yeah, I'm a bird nerd. This past weekend we didn't travel so I took a shot at renting a x2 lens multiplier for my 100-400mm. Turns out it was going to cost me $12 to borrow it for the weekend which was amazing. Well I took a ton of shots. I thought I'd share a few of them with you. Here is the link.

As for triathlon, I missed a workout last week. It wasn't my fault!!! Naturally it was the YMCA's. I guess they decided to schedule a kids team workout without notifying the rest of us. Ah well.
So I get to the pool this morning and the water is as hot as it has ever been there. Someone said 89 degrees. (no idea if that's right). All I know is I was glad I only had a 1500m workout. I'm guessing the kids have a meet next weekend and that pool is known to be very warm. I'm expecting to have at least 2 more very warm swims.... yuck.

3 comments:

m said...

Bird Nerd!!!

My guess is someone just messed up at the Y and set the temp too high.

Unknown said...

89 degrees ...wowser!!! I could not swim in that. My pool is between 68-72 and it is awesome!

Mjay said...

You kill me! There's nothing wrong with being a nerd.

As for the pool...yuck. We keep the hot tub at 92 for goodness sakes!