Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Good Eats

For the last few weeks, Matt & I have been cooking up a storm on Sunday afternoons preparing meals to have on hand for easy weekday lunch options. It helps to keep us on track with our eating plan and also saves alot of $$$ by not paying for lunch everyday. Today we made spinach pie, black bean/sweet potato skillet (a weekly favorite right now!), chicken stir fry and big salad with a new dressing recipe from my friend Eleftheria (the Greek Goddess). I posted the spinach pie recipe and a couple other favorites on our Good Eats blog. Feel free to check them out.

Please let us know you have any favorite recipes that you would like to share on our Good Eats blog. Our hope is that over time it will become a group blog of healthy recipes, training/race nutrition options, family traditions and seasonal favorites.

"Tis the season" in retail, so unfortunately training has taken a back seat these past 2 months. I'm trying to overcome my "all or nothing" mentality and stick to a 5 workout per week schedule. 1 run- 1 bike- 1 swim- 1 IntenSati- 1 yoga. Seems piddly compared to what I was doing thru the spring and summer, but it is all I can do right now, so it is enough. This is what I have committed myself to until January in hopes that something is better than nothing. I am already looking forward to the new year of new goals for training and racing. But until then, I will make the most of the opportunities I have. Even if it is 45mins of sucking wind at the pool. I am thankful.

No comments: