Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Changes to our blog

I’ve wanted to add some new features to our blog for awhile but have never taken the time to figure out how to make it happen. Well as you may have noticed, I finally found the time and figured it out.

Of course once I figured out how to change the layout, I then had to go digging through the blog to find the Race Reports I wanted to link. I haven’t posted them all yet and I feel like I may have missed some. The titles of the post aren’t always a giveaway. Please let me know if you know of any I’ve missed and I’ll work on adding them in. I didn’t have time to read them as I did this. I’m looking forward to revisiting them soon.

I have a feeling the recipe link is going to have to be it’s own blog, unless I completely fail in my attempt to add new items to our “Menu”.

I kind of let the quotes die out when it was just sitting on the sidebar because there were so many. With this feature I’m going to start adding to those again.

I’m also going to add a tab with a list of blogs that I follow. There are so many good people out there, that list might get really long.

I’d like to get more pictures posted as well. This will be a bit of a project, because I’d like to change how I process them before posting.

I have other ideas as well but I’m going to keep the to do list short.

The ankle is at it’s worst in the morning and by the end of the day it’s stretched out enough that I’m tempted to go for a run. I really don’t think it’s ready yet tho’. I’d like to think it’s getting closer.

I was on the bike trainer for 40 minutes last night and did some shoulder presses. It’s nice to have access to the weight bench again.

3 comments:

m said...

I hope the ankle is well enough for you to run the marathon. If not, I have been entertaining thoughts of getting a qualifier time for 2011 and running it next year, so I could run with you guys!

I like the idea of having the different tabs. Not a bad idea. So when you update any of the tabs, would my blog (or any other that links to yours) show that update to the individual tabs or just the main blog tab? I ask because I want to make sure I see when the race reports, menu tabs, and all get updated.

Cooper and Frito bark hello!

catmarlson said...

Marathon 2010... ummm... don't know.
I have to finish one more NYRR event and I'll be in for 2011. It would be fun to have a bunch of us running it.

I don't think the tabs trigger an update to others. That shouldn't matter tho'. That tab is just a collection of links to the actual blog posts. There isn't anything original there.

m said...

Oh, ok I was thinking new race reports were going to start being posted on the race report tab and didn't want to miss that stuff :)

There are a few half marathons before the end of the year in the area. Not sure how I will do racing at altitude trying to get an automatic qualifier time...