Friday, October 1, 2010

Sports Doc. Ankle report

Just got back from the Dr's office. My problem is with my peroneal tendon. You can google that and find all sorts of awful things about it. My problem is not severe, the doctor said it's likely that in 2 more weeks I'll be good to go. A 6 week recovery is typical.
I've got a bunch of exercises I need to do for it which should help, time will tell.
The most surprising part was the fact that he said I should be good to do for the marathon. Umm, I'm not sure by looking at my ankle that you can tell if I'm ready for a 26.2 mile run but I appreciated the vote of confidence. I'll be thrilled if I have no symptoms a month from now.

He wants me to try biking. If the tendon doesn't move around on me, I should continue with that. All swimming should be without kicking until this is recovered. It seems many people that are not "swimmers" have a history of messing up our ankles.

That's the news.

3 comments:

Mjay said...

Phew--always good to hear that with some additional rest you should be as good as new.

Jon said...

Bummer! That area looks vveeeerrrry familiar. Where exactly on your foot was it hurting?

Regina said...

I have heard about runners having stiff ankles for swimming. I always have to remind myself to keep them relaxed when swimming (not that I am a runner either). I am surprised it would cause injury though.