Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crazy week

This blog is starting to be about people that wish they could do a triathlon...
I put in a bunch of hours at work last week. I was driving to the NJ studio and because of morning sun glare, I chose to leave very early so my drive would be 1:15ish rather than 2 hours. Then I was basically a mover all week. My low back was shot and I've got bruises all over my arms from carrying stuff awkwardly.
There was one night last week that I planned on being home in time to test out the ankle on a run. I got home just in time for the rain and lightning. Which eliminated the possibility of swimming too. Ah well.
Here is the plan this week. I'm hoping to have Thursday & Friday off and I hope to get an appointment with a podiatrist. I'm walking on it alright now but I'm guessing a run would make it sore or maybe actually inflame the tendon that is moving around on me and take longer to heal. I guess it's time to let the doctor give me an opinion. I don't expect anything other than a suggestion to do some Physical Therapy.

Genine's family was here this weekend, we had a great time, even tho' everyone was exhausted. We celebrated Genine's birthday a little early and I cooked a bunch of food. The big hit was the Chicken Bryan (grilled chicken w/ sundried tomatoes and goat cheese... oh and a ton of butter).
After they left on Sunday, we went to the pool to swim. I got 2500 or more done during the hour, not bad.

Now for the photo that made my whole weekend. Here is our teammate from the Tango race back in August performing with the HS Marching Band. Truly fantastic. So glad someone got such a great picture of this.

3 comments:

Mjay said...

So glad you got this picture. It was hysterical watching him dance around the field with the kids!

Jim said...

That is awesome. I didn't make it down to the game until the 3rd quarter so I missed it.

He is a nut!!! Glad someone got a photo!

silent_scream said...

didn't know Elvis did tri's!
Now I have a new incentive.
Good luck with the ankle.