Monday, September 6, 2010

Still Not Running

Still not running on this ankle. It doesn't hurt, it's just that something isn't right. Tendon rolls across my ankle as I push off. Or something like that. Tough to explain, so I won't try.
So what do you do if you can't run and the weather is just perfect for outdoor activities?
Go inside and swim at a pool. Ugh! Well I haven't been swimming much because of all the running and well at the end of our workout, I could tell that I haven't been swimming much. It was a 3000m set and I was cooked at the end.

I also haven't been on my bike for over a month. August went by with zero bike miles. Which is somewhat surprising, unless you've trained for a marathon before. Then perhaps it makes sense to you. Training for triathlons I was often working out morning and evening. Running 5 days a week on a marathon schedule made that darn near impossible for me. I wanted rest and sleep, so that's what I did.

Well I finally mowed my lawn. I think I last mowed it back in June. It's been really dry here so I really didn't have any grass to mow. It was just weeds for a long time. I was wondering if the neighbors had one of those "guess the date" games going. Anyhow, the weeds are all equally tall now.

I also vacuumed out the car and washed it. It's funny how our new car never seemed really new. It's so similar to our other cars that it's just familiar. The result is that it's been very lived in the last couple months 7,500+ miles already. It's been a busy summer.

I guess the good news is that I've compiled in all the tango results from the 4 years that are available to me. I wasn't exactly thrilled to see where my swim time landed me this year... ah well. If anyone would like the spreadsheet, drop me a note and I'll send it to you. I was hoping to put it up on google docs but from what I can tell it's too basic and you really can't do very much in terms of sorting. I figure eventually I'll figure out how to build some nice looking reports and I'll post those up somewhere.

I'm still not sweating the ankle thing. I wish I knew what do to, to help it along. If I'm still not running by this time next week... well hopefully that won't be the situation.

1 comment:

Regina said...

I am feeling your pain, ankle pain that is. It just started yesterday on the inside left leg, just above the ankle. It kind of sucks with the end of season in sight; only Bassman left. I just want this all to be over already...sigh.

I applaud you for doing the marathon. It has to be frustrating with your ankle acting up, I wish I could offer some advice, but I have none.

I got up early and headed to the pool this morning only to find once I got there, that it is closed until September 30th! Things are not coming together for this last race. oh well. HOpe your ankle improves!