Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ankle Update / 2011 Triathlons

Ankle is improving, slowly. I still can't guess as to when it's going to be well enough to run.
The good news is I'm well rested. When I get back to working out I'll be ready to go.
I probably should be swimming and strength training but it hasn't happened yet.
I was getting frustrated with the whole thing earlier in the week but I've relaxed about it again. Maybe it's because Genine found this blog post by Hillary Biscay last night. After reading it, I realized that even if NYC doesn't happen and 2010 goes by without a successful "big" race. I've had another decent year of training and that's a big part of what it's about for me anyhow.

It's also that crazy time of year where you have to actually plan your 2011 race schedule if you want into some of the bigger races. Mooseman, Timberman and Columbia are all open for registration. Columbia will probably fill first. I still have some time to consider if I'm going 70.3 for Mooseman or not. I still like the idea of starting the season fast and building into the longer distance of Tango or Timberman. Oh and the 2011 NYC Marathon.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Thanks for the link to that post. Wow. My neighbor did IMKY, he said it was brutal, the worst ever.

Save your chips! 2011 will be here before you know it!