Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 Week Break

So it's been 3 weeks since I tweaked my ankle. I still haven't run on it. I think that I'm finally walking on it normally which is good. If I do a toe raise, I can feel that it's weaker than it should be. Also occasionally that tendon under the ankle will move on me if I step on it a certain way.
I was planning trying a test run tonight but I've been busy. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow night because I'm running out of time to be ready for NYC. I've had a number of thoughts about how I'm going to approach this run. None of them really matter until I've put a week or so of running in and I know where I stand. Hopefully tomorrow is the day I start to move back towards that goal.

I've only done a bit of swimming and finally I made it to yoga last night. Both of those made me feel like I'm out of shape. Ah well, the good news is I'm still motivated to get things rolling again.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your ankle!

That pic of those aerobars looked so wrong! like you, I hope it was just a loose fitting or something, otherwise, someone needs to see a bike fitter!

catmarlson said...

I didn't get to run because I got home just in time for that storm. Sheesh. Just as well, it's been a tough week of moving boxes and equipment at work. My lower back is exhausted and my arms are bruised. The ankle just feels very used.
Going to the pool tonight (thurs). Hope that stretches everything out a bit.