Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tango Time

I know, the posts have been very sparse. It's just that nothing has been happening. Once I was told I had shingles, I stayed home and did nothing for 3 days.
Then I did 2 half days of work, I've got to keep the place going.
Then we packed up and headed for PA. It was an easy trip.
I still can't go to the pool because of the blisters on my skin. So I haven't had a swim in 11 days.
I don't think I've biked for 10 days.
9 days since my last run.

So the big question is will I do the Tango orienteering on Saturday or not? I had this afternoon entirely to myself today, so I figured I'd better just head up to Kinzua Beach and see how I'd feel if I hiked up and around rim rock. I took it really easy and walked most of the time but my hike ended up being about two and half hours. I had the place to myself and it was amazing all the birds I flushed along the trails.
I had put this capsaicin cream on the shingles blisters on my ankles. Initially it was kind of warm but once I started to break a sweat. WOW! I can't believe anything survived the fire, I couldn't wait to wash that stuff off.
Anyhow, if I get good rest the next two nights, I think I'll be fine to do the orienteering on Saturday. The good rest thing can be tricky. Last night around 3:30 AM I woke up because that nerve in my back was so itchy I couldn't sleep. Itching it doesn't really satisfy the situation. Fortunately we've found that putting an ice pack on that area seems to work for awhile. Then I wake up again when that ice pack is warm and I go get another one. Doesn't make for a very restful night. Hopefully this stuff goes away soon.

1 comment:

Caratunk Girl said...

Ugh. Shingles.

Is that what the back itching is? I am assuming. That stinks.

I hope to be at Timberman. It depends on a whole lot of things. I think Leito is there, I am not sure about Potts. If they are both there I am figuring out a way of going, that will be really fun to watch!